How to get prepared for CTET 2019? If you are applying for CTET exam you will require a preparation strategy, guide, and tips. Through this article, we will provide you tips to prepare for CTET 2019. Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is a national level entrance exam which is being ...Read More »
CTET-Central Teaching Ability Test:
CTET Notification, Application Form, CTET Syllabus, Admit Card, Result, Answer Key
Central Teaching Eligibility Test abbreviated as CTET is a national level examination which is organized by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) twice a year. Now let us walk you all through the history of CTET, tet eligibility, what is tet exam,tet qualification, qualification details and more.
This Tete exam came into existence on 29th July 2011 under RTE Act of the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) with the purpose to set minimum standard on the eligibility of the teachers appointed to teach for class I to VIII in any of the schools referred to in Clause (n) of section 2 of the RTE Act.Tet Exam is a mandatory requirement under ncte rules for higher secondary teacher recruitment.
The rationale for including the TET as a minimum qualification for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher is as under:
- To bring national standards and benchmark of teacher quality in the recruitment process.
- To induce teacher education institutions and students from these institutions to further improve their performance standards.
- To send a positive signal to all stakeholders that the Government lays special emphasis on teacher quality.
Official website: www.ctet.nic.in
CTET Eligibility Criteria and Academic Requirements.
Well, there is no limitation on the number of attempts an aspirant can take to clear the Central TET. For candidates who have successfully qualified Central TET may sit for another attempt to improve upon the scores, the validity for once cleared CTET would last for next seven years which is calculated from the date of declaration of its results.
Minimum qualifications for becoming Teacher for class’s I-V: Primary Stage:
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard with minimum 50% aggregate marks or appearing in the final year of diploma in elementary education. OR
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard with 45% marks and also passed or appearing in final year of diploma as per the NCTE Regulations, 2002. OR
- Candidate must have passed class 12th with at least 50 percent aggregate and passed or appearing in the final year of the bachelor of elementary education such as B.Ed. OR
- Must have passed senior secondary with 50% marks and also passed or appearing in the diploma in special education. OR
- Candidate must be graduate and passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year diploma in education.
Minimum qualifications for Upper primary tet & becoming Teacher for classes VI-VIII: Elementary Stage:
Aspirant should be a graduate and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) or
- Aspirant should be a graduate with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) or
- Aspirant should be a graduate with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard or
- Aspirant should be a 12th standard (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) or
- The aspirant should be a senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed or
- The aspirant should be a graduate with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
Relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying marks in the minimum educational qualification for eligibility shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to reserved categories, such as SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled. A Diploma/Degree course in teacher education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However, in the case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.
TET Qualifying Marks
The Applicant who is appeared in Central TET exam will be issued TET MarksSheet, while the Candidates who will secure 60% and above marks will get Eligibility Certificate.
Qualifying the C TET is only an eligibility criterion for appointment of Teacher. this exam is not a recruitment exam, passing this exam means you are eligible for appointment as teachers in school. you on the basis of TET Certificate you need to apply against vacancies arises in various schools & undergo through their recruitment process. At present, Teaching Eligibility Certificate is an only one of the compulsory eligibility criteria for appointment requirement for Government, Government aided and unaided schools, Local bodies, and other organizations.
CTET Qualifying Marks for OBC
Since this an Eligibility Exam for Teaching ability, there is no separate provision of qualifying marks for OBC/SC/ST or any other category.
To be eligible to get, eligibility certificate you need to secured minimum 60% marks and this is only one criterion to qualify the tet exam.
However, Different Government Department, Education board, and organization use the Tet score and they have own criteria of the minimum cut off or qualifying marks as per their reservation policy.
you should check it out with your state government education department and concerned recruiting organization.
Tet Exam eligibility Age criteria Age Limits: Minimum age limit is 18 years and there is no upper age limit.
CTET Application Process
Process to be followed for online application form
Step 1: Click the link “CTET 2017 Application Form- Apply Here”
Step 2: In the new window, candidates will be accessing the applying page
Step 3: The candidates will have to register first for the exam first.
Step 4: On successful registration, the candidates will be provided with a registration No.
Step 5: Candidates should proceed on to fill the other part of the Application Form.
Step 6: Upload the scanned copy of the signature and photograph
Step 7: In the next step, the candidates should pay the requisite Application Fees
Step 8: After filling all the required information in the Application Form proceed to the review page for checking the particulars entered by you in the Application Form
Online Correction of CTET 2017 Application Form
The facility to make the correction in the particulars of CTET Application Form 2017 will be made available by CBSE. The details required for making correction are:
- Registration No
- Date of Birth
- Enter Security Pin
CTET Application Form Fee
The candidates can pay Application Fees for CTET 2017 exam in two modes:
- Remittance through E-Challan– the Application Fee of CTET 2017 exam can be deposited in CTET Exam Fee Account with Syndicate Bank or Canara Bank.
- By Debit/Credit Card: The candidates can pay the Application Fee through Debit/Credit Card
Structure of Fees
|Category||Paper I||Paper II||Both Paper I and II|
|For General / OBC Candidates||Rs 600 /-||Rs 600/-||Rs 1000/-|
|SC / ST / Differently-able Candidates||Rs 300/-||Rs 300/-||Rs 500/|
CTET latest Syllabus
The best way to start the preparation for CTET is to devise a strategy and a timetable by first knowing the syllabus and preparing accordingly. We are providing you with the Central Teaching Eligibility Test – CTET syllabus. So go right on with your preparation.
Also check out the latest publication for the tet exam syllabus from the official website: www.ctet.nic.in or check out our detailed article on the CTET syllabus 2017
Book preferences to study about Central TET Exam
Candidates are advised to refer only authentic Text Books and syllabus suggested by NCTE for preparation in the area of education.
C CTET Syllabus of Paper 1 The best way to start the preparation for CTET is to devise a strategy and a timetable by first knowing the ctet syllabus and preparing accordingly. We are providing you with the Central Teaching Eligibility Test CTET syllabus. So go right on with your ...Read More »