NDA EXAM Syllabus PDF can be Downloaded from Here
The NDA Exam Syllabus 2017 has been designed to test the knowledge of Mathematics and General Ability Test. The NDA syllabus 2017 of General Ability Test will contain objective questions from a different subject such as English, General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Geography and Current Affairs. NDA Exam Syllabus of mathematics consists of following topics. Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry in two and three dimensions, Integral Calculus, Differential Calculus, Differential Equations, Vector Algebra and Statistics & Probabilities, Matrices and Determinants. Please don’t miss to check UPSC Exam Calendar 2017.
To download full NDA Syllabus 2017 please click the pdf at the end of this article and click on the download link on the right-hand corner of the image.
Detailed NDA EXAM Syllabus (NDA Exam Pattern) You can read more about NDA Age Limit.
NDA EXAM Syllabus Mathematics
PAPER I – Mathematics
The paper I is maths and it consists of many topics, which have provided in detail. Topics are listed below in bold letters. Go through the full article to be familiar with NDA syllabus.
You must also check NDA 2 Admit Card 2017.
- The concept of a set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams.
- De Morgan laws, Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation.
- Representation of real numbers on a line.
- Complex numbers—basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity.
- The binary system of numbers. Conversion of a number.
- Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions.
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients. A solution of linear inequations.
- Permutation and Combination. Binomial theorem and its applications.
- Logarithms and their applications.
MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS
- Types of matrices, operations on matrices. The determinant of a matrix.
- Basic properties of determinants.
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix,
- Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations. Read more about NDA 2 2017 Result.
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians.
- Trigonometrical ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formula.
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions.
- Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.
ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY OF TWO AND THREE DIMENSIONS
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula.
- The equation of a line in various forms.
- The angle between two lines. The distance of a point from a line.
- Circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Three-dimensional space, the distance between two points.
- Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios.
- The equation of a plane and a line in various forms. Don’t miss to download NDA Previous Year Question Paper.
- The concept of a real valued function–domain, range, and a graph of a function.
- Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions.
- The notion of limit, Standard limits—examples. Continuity of functions—examples.
- Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative—applications.
- Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions.
INTEGRAL CALCULUS AND DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
- Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution
- Evaluation of definite integrals—determination of areas of plane regions.
- Definition of order and degree of a differential equation.
- General and particular solution of differential equations. You can read more about NDA Exam, NDA Form.
- Equations of various types—examples.
VECTOR ALGEBRA(NDA Exam Pattern and Syllabus)
- Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector.
- Unit and null vectors, the addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector.
STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
- Statistics : Classification of data, Frequency distribution.
- Cumulative frequency distribution—examples.
- Graphical representation—Histogram, Pie Chart, frequency polygon.
- Measures of Central tendency—Mean,median, and mode.
- Variance and standard deviation—determination and comparison.
- Correlation and regression.
- Probability .
- Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
PAPER-II GENERAL ABILITY TEST
- Paper II is general ability test and it further divided into two parts English and general knowledge. You can also download NDA Answer Key 2017
Part A- ENGLISH(NDA Exam Pattern and Syllabus)
- English section is designed to test the understanding of a candidate’s English.
- The NDA syllabus 2017 covers various topics like Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension.
NDA EXAM Syllabus Part B- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- The question paper on General Knowledge will broadly cover the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
NDA EXAM Syllabus Physics:
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume,
- Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer.
- The motion of objects, Velocity, and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy.
- Effects of Heat, Measurement of Temperature and Heat.
- Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments.
- Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection, and refraction.
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses, Human Eye.
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.
- Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors,
- Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current.
- Use of X-Rays.
- General Principles in the working of the following:
- Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps,
- Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs,
- Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening
- Conductors, Safety Fuses.
NDA EXAM Syllabus Chemistry
- Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures, and Compounds
- Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems).
- Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases, and salts.
- Carbon—different forms.
- Fertilizers—Natural and Artificial.
- The material used in the preparation of substances.
- Elementary ideas about the structure of Atom, Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
NDA EXAM Syllabus General Science:
- The difference between the living and non-living.
- The basis of Life—Cells, Protoplasms, and Tissues.
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals.
- Elementary knowledge of Human Body and its important organs.
- Common Epidemics, their causes, and prevention.
- Food—Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet.
- The Solar System—Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
NDA EXAM Syllabus History, Freedom Movement
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation.
- Freedom Movement in India.
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration.
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India.
- Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives, and Community Development.
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, about Mahatma Gandhi.
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration, and Discovery.
- War of American Independence. French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution. The impact of Science and Technology on Society.
- Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy,
- Socialism and Communism. The role of India in the present world.
NDA EXAM Syllabus Geography:
- The Earth, its shape, and size. Latitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time.
- International Date Line. Movements of Earth and their effects.
- Origin of Earth. Rocks and their classification.
- Ocean Currents and Tides Atmosphere and its composition.
- Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, Cyclones and
- Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate,
- Major Natural regions of the World.
- Regional Geography of India—Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral
- and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and Industrial activities.
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land, and air routes of India.
- NDA syllabus 2017 also includes the Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years.
- You should also read and prepare previous NDA sample papers and NDA exam pattern.
- Current important world events.
- Prominent personalities—both Indian and International including
- those connected with cultural activities and sports.
NDA Syllabus 2017 for Commerce Students
NDA Exam syllabus for Commerce Students is also same, they need to put some extra efforts to prepare the above-mentioned subjects, especially mathematics and sciences topics.
NDA Exam Syllabus for Army
Candidates who are in active service and willing to appear in the NDA Exam 2017 they also need to prepare the same syllabus, there is no exemptions in the written exam.
NDA 2016 Eligibility to read more about NDA Eligibility you can also check this article
To download full NDA Syllabus 2017 please click HERE.