NATA 2018: Council of Architecture (COA) conducts National Aptitude Test in Architect (NATA) every year in the field of Architecture only. If you are desired to continue your studies in the field of architecture or you wanted to choose this as your profession then you must go for it. If you qualify NATA you will be having a chance to get admission in 5 years B.Arch. Degree Course in any of the recognized institute of India. The exam is being conducted tentatively in the month of April every year.
NATA is conducted generally to measure the knowledge of applicant in the field of architecture by taking a test like measures mathematical skills, sense of proportion, general aptitude, aesthetic sensitivity, drawing and observation skills and critical thinking ability. This exam helps to give the best architect to the nation.
NATA 2018 Timeline (Tentative)
|Availability of information brochure||December 2017|
|Submission of Online application starts from||January 2018|
|Deadline for submission of Application||Feruary 2018|
|Admit card download starts from||March 2018|
|Examination Date||April 2018|
|Result announcement||June 2018|
Eligibility Criteria to apply for NATA 2018
- You must be minimum of 17 years of age.
- you must have passed your 10+2 from recognized board with mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects of the examination.
- You must have achieved 10+3 diploma in any stream recognized by any central or state University with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- You must have passed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma passed/appearing with mathematics as a necessary subject.
NATA 2018 Exam Center List
ANDAMAN & NICOBAR, ANDHRA PRADESH, ARUNACHAL PRADESH, ASSAM, BIHAR, CHANDIGARH, CHHATISGARH , DELHI, GOA, GUJARAT, HARYANA, HIMACHAL PRADESH, JAMMU & KASHMIR, JHARKHAND, KARNATAKA, KERALA, MADHYA PRADESH, MAHARASHTRA, MANIPUR, MIZORAM, NAGALAND, ODISHA, PUDUCHERRY, PUNJAB, RAJASTHAN, SIKKIM, TAMILNADU, TELANGANA, TRIPURA, UTTARAKHAND, UTTAR PRADESH, WEST BENGAL, OUTSIDE INDIA (Dubai)
- There are chances that if seats in Dubai are filled the examination center may be dropped.
- If you are choosing Dubai as your first choice you have to pay extra Rs 7000 to the issuance of Admit card.
- Dubai can’t is chosen in IInd or IIIrd priority.
NATA 2018 Admit Card
Admit card for NATA 2018 will be available 2-3 weeks before the written exam and you can download your admit card through online mode, no other method is applicable. Admit cards will not be sent separately to anyone by post or Email.
It’s important to carry your admit card along with One ID proof. Only those applicants can download admit card who have successfully submitted their application form.
Nata 2018 Admit cards carry:
- Applicants name
- Registration No.
- Appointment No.
- Exam Centre
- Date of Birth
- Signature of the applicant
- Photograph of the applicant along with the date, time & venue of entrance exam.
NATA Exam Pattern 2018
- The exam pattern for NATA consists of a type of questions in the question paper, Medium of the exam, time allotment for each question paper, marking pattern.
- The questions are available in English Language only.
- The pattern for questions will be MCQ type i.e multiple choice questions, four options will be given to you and you have to choose one. The duration to solve question paper will be 90 Minutes.
- The question paper will be divided into two parts i.e part A and part B.
- Part A covers Mathematics & General Aptitude questions. Each question will carry 2 marks and there is no negative marking.
- part B carry drawing test of 40 marks. Only you can use color pencils and quick-drying ink pens to draw your picture. you can’t use watercolor and crayons.
- The question paper will be of 200 marks.
NATA Application Fee
- You have to pay Rs 1250 (Rupees one thousand two hundred fifty only) to submit your application fee through Online mode via electronic payment gateway via debit card, credit card or net banking by following the instructions given to complete the process. you can take print out of confirmation of successful fee payment.
- You can also pay your fee through ICICI Bank e-Challan: You have to pay your fee by visiting the nearest branch of ICICI to submit a fee, after submitting a fee to the bank you will receive journal no. You have to fill that no, in the payment section of the application form.
How to fill Application form of NATA 2018?
The application form of NATA is user-friendly, once you visit the site of NATA you will find the tab to apply online. Read all the instructions carefully before applying online.
- You must remember your application No., password and your security question/ answer
- Examination centers must be chosen correctly as per your desires.
- Be ready with your recent color photograph, Left Thumb Impression, and signature with specified size.
- Personal and academic details must be entered correctly.
- You must provide registered email ID and registered mobile no
NATA 2018 Syllabus Pattern
- Mathematics covers: Algebra, Logarithms, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry, Dimensional Coordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination and Statistics and Probability.
- General aptitude covers: General awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations, Visualizing different sides of 3D
objects, Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing, Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment and Interpretation of pictorial compositions.
- Mathematical reasoning: Logical operations, Statements like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by. Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction and contrapositive
- Sets and Relations: Idea of sets, power set, subsets, complement, Venn diagram, union, intersection and difference of sets, De Morgan’s Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation — definition and elementary examples.
- DRAWING TEST Covers: Understanding of scale and proportion of geometric composition, objects, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, harmony, color texture and contrast. Conceptualization and Visualization through structuring objects in memory. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes. Generating plan, elevation and 3D views of objects. Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract. Perspective drawing, Sketching of urbanscape and landscape, Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms.
For further updates on NATA 2018, keep visiting our blog scholarshipbag.com.