The government of Karnataka, Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is seeking applications for its Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2018 i.e Karnataka PGCET 2018. Karnataka PGCET 2018 is a state level exam conducted to offer admissions to applicants to pursue their full-time and part-time postgraduate courses offered by government and private institutes.
Every year Karnataka PGCET is being conducted tentatively in the month of July. The exam will be conducted through offline mode which is also called Pen and paper mode exam. Read below full article offering detailed information about exam pattern, Exam Dates, Application Form, admission process and Eligibility Criteria etc.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Important Exam Dates (Tentative)
- 1 Karnataka PGCET 2018 Important Exam Dates (Tentative)
- 2 Karnataka PGCET 2018 Courses offered
- 3 Karnataka PGCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application Fee
- 5 Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application form
- 6 Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern
- 7 Karnataka PGCET 2018 Admit Card
- 8 Karnataka PGCET 2018 Result
- 9 Karnataka PGCET 2018 Merit List
- 10 Karnataka PGCET 2018 list of Participating Institutes
- 11 Karnataka PGCET 2018 Syllabus
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Events
Important Dates (Tentative)
|1||Announcement of Online Application Form||May 2018|
|2||Deadline of Online Application Form Submission||June 2018|
|3||Deadline to pay Application Fee||June 2018|
|4||Download Admit Card||June 2018|
|5||Karnataka PGCET 2018 Examination||July 2018|
|6||Result announcement of Karnataka PGCET 2018||July 2018|
|7||Counselling Stars for qualified applicants||August 2018|
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Courses offered
Courses offered by the participating institutes is divided into two parts i.e:
- Part A: Courses offered by recognized institutes which are affiliated to UBDTCE, VTU and UVCE Universities.
- Part B: Courses offered by Mysore and Kuvempu University.
Part A courses: Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Bio Technology,
Architecture, Polymer Science, Electrical Sciences, Mechanical Sciences, Textile Technology, Environmental Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
Part B courses: Mathematics and Computer Science
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Read the Eligibility Criteria set by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA):
- Applicants must be the resident of Karnataka or the parents of applicants must be residing in Karnataka since minimum Seven years. The candidates must be studied from Government recognized institute from standard Ist.
- You must have qualified B.Tech from recognized college or institute of Karnataka.
- You must have achieved 50% of Marks in your qualifying exam and if you belong to the reserved category then you must have achieved 45% of marks.
- If you are applying through Gate and you have qualified Gate then you have to produce your score Card during the time of admission.
- If you are applying for lateral entry to MCA program, you must have passed BCA/B.Sc(IT/Cs) with mathematics as a compulsory subject. you must have achieved 50% aggregate marks but in reserved category case applicants must have achieved 45% marks.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application Fee
- Applicants can pay their fee through challan which they have to deposit in any of the branches of State Bank Of Mysore. Also, you can pay your fee through E-payment in the post office.
- If you are General or OBC category candidate you have to pay application fee of up to Rs 650/- and if you are SC/ST applicant you have to pay Rs500/-.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application form
- You can fill Karnataka PGCET application only through Online method, you are required to click on the tab “PGCET-2018 Online Application” available on official website of KARNATAKA PGCET.
- You have register yourself as a New User by providing required information. Once you have successfully registered yourself you have to get logged into application form by using your USER IDand password created by you.
- Then you have to fill application form by providing your personal and professional information in the column “Student Information”. After entering all the details you have to save the entries.
- Next, you have to upload scanned photograph, signature, your left-hand thumb impression and your parents signature. once you successfully submit application information don’t forget to get a print out for future purpose.
Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern
- For MCA Course: The question paper is of 100 marks for the duration of 150 minutes. Questions will of objective type and question paper will be divided into two parts i.e part A covers 20 questions of 1 marks each and part B covers 60 questions 1 marks each.
- For MBA Courses: The questions paper designed for MBS is of objective type. The question paper is of 100 marks for 150 minutes. Each question is having four answers you have to choose one correct answer which carries 1 mark.
- For M.Arch/M.Tech/M.E: Question paper will be of 100 marks which contain 75 questions. The question paper is divided into two parts i.e Part 1 covers50 question for 1 marks each.Part 2 covers 25 questions for 2 marks each.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Admit Card
You can download your admit card tentatively in the month of June 2018, there is no other method to receive your admit card, only you have to download through Online mode. You are advised to download your admit card in A4 size paper, you have to keep your admit card copy for future use also. You will not be allowed to sit in the exam without your admit card. Once you got your admit card check all the details given in your admit card if you find any mistake contact to authority immediately.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Result
Once you have given your written exam you have to wait for your result, which will be announced tentatively in the month of July 2018.You can check your scores online. To download your score card you have to get logged in to your account. Results will not be sent individually through p[ost or email, you have to check by yourself.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Merit List
Soon after the results announced, The KEA will announce merit list for the qualified applicants to participate in KARNATAKA PGCET Counseling. There will be two merit list published by authority one is for GATE qualified applicants and another is for PGCET qualified applicants. They will be called for counseling according to their ranking in the merit list. The Gate qualified applicants will be given preference.
Required documents during the counseling session/Verification are as follows:
- Domicile certificate
- GATE 2017 scorecard
- Category certificate
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Study certificate (only for Karnataka applicants)
- Degree certificate/Provisional certificate
- Qualifying degree Mark sheet for all semesters
- 10th and 12th standard mark sheets
- Applicant’s copy of the e-challan
- Karnataka PGCET Admit Card 2018
- Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2018
Karnataka PGCET 2018 list of Participating Institutes
If applicants meet all the eligibility criteria they will be allotted seats under these institutes. The list of top 10 engineering institutes is given below. Total there will be 178 institutes will participate in counseling and they are affiliated to UVCE, UBDTCE, VTU, Mysore and Kuvempu University.
Total Number of Seats
|RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||
|Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore||
|MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||
|4||The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore||
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||
|Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore||
|Reva Institute of Technology and Management, Bangalore||
|SDM College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad||
|PES College of Engineering, Mandya||
|RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore||
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus for MBA:
- Proficiency in the English Language: Sentence Correction, Gramma, Famous Books in English Literature, Pairs expressing relationships, One-word Substitution, Idioms and phrases, Antonyms and Synonyms
- Test of Reasoning and General Intelligence: Related Aspects, Verbal Ability, Logic, Analytical Ability, Diagrams, Puzzles, and Analogy.
- General Knowledge: Science and Technology, Indian Business Environment, Political Events, Current Affairs, Humanities, Personalities and Achievements, Awards, Sports, Current Affairs, Historical Events, Management, Economics, Cultural Events, Social Events and Global Environment
- Quantitative Analysis: Statistics, Related Quantitative Aspects, Data Analysis and Interpretation and Arithmetic
Syllabus for MCA:
- Mathematics: Algebra, Co-Ordinate Geometry, Vector, Trigonometry, Probability, and Statistics
- Computer Awareness: Computer Basics and Data Representation
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: Visuospatial reasoning, Quantitative reasoning, and Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness: Transportation, Scientific inventions, Business, Finance, Industry, Governance, Healthcare and Cultural dimensions etc
- General English: Grammar and Vocabulary
Please note that information provided above is based on last Notification of Karnataka PGCET as soon as KARNATAKA PGCET 2018 notification releases we will update the soon. Keep visiting our blog scholarshipbag.com for further updates