JMI 2018: Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) is one of the top most Universities in India which offers top most higher education to the deserving applicants. JMI is counted as “A” grade Central University which is located in New Delhi. This University is deemed University which offers many certificates, diploma, PG, PhD and UG courses from recognised institutes through Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam.
Applicants who are interested in getting admissions in Jamia University required to qualify the Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam 2018. Please note that admission into UG engineering and architecture courses will be done through JEE Main and applicants who are interested in getting admissions in BDSS, admission will be done through NEET.
Please read the article which offers you full information about JMI Admission, JMI Result, Application Form, Eligibility criteria etc.
JMI 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Online application starts from||1st week of Feb to 1st week of Mar 2018|
|Deadline for Online application||1st week of March 2018|
|Admit card issue date||2rd week of April 2018|
|Last date to submit qualifying degree||3rd week of September 2018|
|Deadline for Admission||Last week of September 2018|
JMI 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- To get admission in JMI you must qualify Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam 2018.
- If you are applying for Undergraduate courses the qualifying exam will be 10+2 or Intermediate.
- For Pg courses, graduation will be the qualifying exam for relevant field.
- If you are appearing in the final year, you are eligible to apply for JMI.
- Applicants of other countries are eligible to apply. For them, admissions will be based on Merit list.
- Please check detailed eligibility criteria in the pdf given below.
JMI 2018 Application Fee
- Important points: You have to make payment only through online mode ie by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking.
- The application fee will not be refundable at any stage.
|JMI Programs||Application Fee (INR)|
|Faculty of Law||Rs.700/-|
|Faculty of Education|
|Centre for Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Sciences|
|AJK Mass Communication Research Centre|
|Centre for Management Studies|
|Faculty of Dentistry|
|Faculty of Engineering & Technology (Except B.Tech.)|
|Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics (Except B.Arch.)|
|All other Faculties/Centres||Rs.500/-|
Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam Pattern
- You will be asked Multiple Choice Type questions in the exam.
- There will be negative marking, except M.Phil and PhD, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
JMI 2018 Admit Card
- status of your admit card will be delivered to your registered mobile no through SMS.
- You have to take a printout of your admit card through Admission portal available in JMI official site.
- once you have taken the printout of application form you are required to paste your Recent passport self-attested coloured photograph within the space provided.
JMI 2018 Entrance Test Centers: Kolkata, Srinagar, Delhi, Guwahati, Calicut, Lucknow and Patna.
JMI 2018 Result
- Soon after the entrance exam, Jamia University will prepare the separate merit list for each course.
- The result will be announced online on the JMI website.
- You can not request for re-checking/re-evaluation of answer sheets.
- You can check the list of the selected candidates and waiting candidates displayed on the website.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam, applicable reservations and relaxations.
- The result will not be sent to any candidate individually by post.
How to Apply for JMI 2018?
- If you are filling online application, you are required to read all the instructions carefully before filling online application.
- You are requested to check admission portal for an application form. The application form is divided into two Phases i.e: 1- Applicant’s Registration: you have to enter you basic and personal details asked.
Entrance Application Submission: You have to choose your desired program, category and application fee.
- Before filling Online Application you must check Eligibility Criteria.
- You must enter valid Email ID and registered mobile no for communication.
- You have to upload a scanned passport size recent coloured photograph with white background up to 100 kb size.
- Also, scanned signature is also required on white background maximum 100 kb in size.
- Before final submission check all the details carefully.
- You are required to send hard copy of your application form to JMI.
- If you submit more than one application for the same program will be cancelled
- Documents required for admission:
- Mark sheet and Passing certificate of qualifying exam
- DOB Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Proof of Permanent Address
- Scorecard of JEE Main and NEET for admission to B.Tech, B.Arch and BDS programme respectively.
- Experience certificate can also be submitted.
- If you are self-employed you have to submit evidence regarding self-evidence.
- JMI Admission Guidelines
- If you required getting admissions into BDS programme, you have to appear in NEET.
- If you are seeking admission to B.Tech/B.Arch you must be appeared in JEE, on the basis of JEE score admissions will be provided.
- You will not be shortlisted for the interview round if you gain the marks less than 30% in the descriptive part of entrance exam.
JMI 2018 Courses Offered
|Certificate Programmes||Certificates in Calligraphy and many languages|
|Doctoral Programmes||Applied Science & Humanities /Biotechnology/Commerce/Architecture & Business Studies/Computer Science/ Mass Communication/ Law/Nanotechnology, etc|
|Diploma Programmes||Diploma in Engineering /Languages /Disaster Management /Tourism and Travel Management|
|Advanced Diploma Programmes||Advanced Diploma in Modern Arabic Language/ Modern Persian and Translation/and many other languages.|
|Post Graduate Diploma Programmes||PG Diploma in Self-Financed/ Educational Management/Journalism/ Computer Application/Digital Cartography/Remote Sensing and GIS Application/T.V. Journalism|
|UG Programmes||B.Arch / B.D.S. / B.E. / B.Ed/B.F.A. / B.A. /B.Com/B.A. L.L.B./B.A. (Hons.)/B.Sc./B.Tech/B.Voc/Bachelor of Arts with Computer Application|
|Masters Programmes||L.L.M./ M.Arch / MBA / M.Com/MCA/M.Ed/M.F.A/ M.A./M.A.-M.Sc (Geography) /M.Phil/M.Tech|
Important points for Foreign applicants and NRIs
- Applicants who fulfil the eligibility criteria for a program of their choice may be considered without Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam.
- Such applicants will be given admission on the basis of merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in qualifying exam.
- Documents to be carried by foreign applicants:
- Valid Foreign passport
- Valid Visa issued by Indian Government clarifying the reasons for his/her stay in the country.
- All transcripts must be in English duly attested by their own country concerned authorised government certify by Indian Embassy.
- Applicants have to submit a copy of Visa in the Office of the Foreign Students’ Advisor, JMI.
- As soon as applicants arrive India they must register themselves in Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) within 14 days from the date of arrival.
For further information about Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam, keep visiting our blog scholarshipbag.com.