IIT JAM 2018: Every year applications are accepted for The Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) which is a test to Master of Science (M.Sc.) and other post-graduate science programs. This exam is being organized by Indian Institutes of Technology, Delhi. The test is being conducted in Indian Institutes of Technology, Indian Institute of Science, and other institutes. The goal of IIT JAM is to offer admission for deserving applicants to various M.Sc., M.Sc.-Ph.D. dual degree and other postgraduate programs.
Important Dates for IIT JAM 2018 (Tentative)
|Program for IIT JAM 2018||
|Online Registration starts for IIT JAM 2018||September 2018|
|Deadline for Submission and Uploading of Documents on the Website||October 2018|
|Admit Card download starts||January 2018 onwards|
|Mock Test link||February 2018 (closer to the examination date)|
|JAM Exam Date||February 2018|
|JAM Exam Result Announcement||March 2018|
|Submission of Application Form for Admission on the IIT JAM 2018 Website||April 2018|
|Deadline for receipt of request for change of category in proper format/ rectification of defective documents at IIT Delhi||May 2018|
|Announcement of First Admission List||May 2018|
|Announcement of Second Admission List||June 2018|
|Declaration of Third and Final Admission List||June 2018|
|Closure of Admissions through IIT JAM 2018||July 2018|
IIT JAM Eligibility and Criteria:
- Applicants from India and around the globe are invited to apply for IIT JAM 2018 program.
- You must have achieved your Bachelor’s Degree from recognized University.
- You must have secured At least 55% aggregate marks (for General/OBC-NCL Category Applicants) and 5% of relaxation will be given to applicants belonging to SC/ST and PWD Category.
- You must have Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ).
- Physical fitness certificate is also required to submit during the admission.
List of Colleges offering different programs:
- IIT Ropar (IITRPR): Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- IIT Bhubaneswar (IITBBS): Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes in Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Mathematics and Atmosphere and Ocean Sciences
- IIT Delhi (IITD): Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- IIT Bombay (IITB): Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in Applied Geology, Applied Geophysics, Applied Statistics and Informatics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Mathematics, and Physics. M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree Programmes in Environmental Science and Engineering, Operations Research
- IIT Gandhinagar (IITGN): Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
- IIT Guwahati (IITG): Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in Mathematics and Computing, Chemistry and Physics
- IIT Roorkee (IITR): Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in (i) Applied Geology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Economics, Mathematics, and
- IIT Hyderabad (IITH): 2 year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Mathematics and Computing
- IIT Indore (IITI): 2 year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biotechnology with an option to convert it to M.Sc.-Ph.D. dual degree program during the second semester.
- IIT Jodhpur(IITJ): Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics
- IIT Kanpur (IITK): Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, M.Sc. Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme in Physics
- IIT Kharagpur (IITKGP): Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes in Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Geophysics, Mathematics
- IIT Madras (IITM): Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
- IIT Patna (IITP): Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics
Documents Required for IIT JAM 2018:
Necessary Documents for all:
- Qualifying degree: Mark sheets of all semesters/ years
- Nationality Certificates: Birth Certificate or Voter ID or First page of Passport or School Transfer Certificate (TC) showing Nationality or Nationality Certificate issued by the authorized government agency
- Applicants who belong to reserved category i.e OBS (NCL), SC, ST have to submit category certificate and PwD Certificate for PwD Applicants.
How to apply for IIT JAM 2018?
- To apply for IIT JAM 2018 you have to visit official website of IIT JAM and click on the
link “Apply for Admission”?
- You must note that before applying for IIT JAM read all the instructions carefully provided
in the information brochure.
- You must prepare the list of those program in which you are interested and keep ready
above mentioned documents. And also get ready with scanned photograph and signature needed during the filling of application form.
IIT JAM 2018 Results
You can check IIT JAM result on the official website which will be made available
tentatively in the month of March 2018. Please note that authorities will not send
individual results to anyone by post, you have to download on your own. Soon after the
declaration of result, the merit list will be prepared as per category you belong to.
IIT JAM 2018 Application Fee
If you are applying for IIT JAM than you have to pay application fee of up to RS.1500/- for
one paper and Rs. 2100/- for two paper and if you belong to a reserved category like Female
(all cat.)/SC/ST/PwD. then for one paper, you have to pay Rs.750/- and for two paper you
have to pay Rs 1050/-.You have to pay your fee only through online mode, you can also pay
your fee by using debit or credit cards.
IIT JAM 2018 Syllabus:
- Biological Sciences: General Biology, Basics of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology,
Biophysics, Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology, Mathematical Sciences
- Biotechnology: This paper covers 4 papers which include 20% of Chemistry, 44% of Biology, 18% of Mathematics and Physics from the total marks.
1- Physical Chemistry: Basic Mathematical Concepts, Atomic and Molecular Structure, Theory
of Gases, Solid state, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical and Phase Equilibria,
Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Adsorption, and Spectroscopy
2- Organic Chemistry: Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry and Stereochemistry, Organic
Reaction Mechanism and Synthetic Applications, Qualitative Organic Analysis, Natural
Products Chemistry, Aromatic and Heterocyclic Chemistry
3- Inorganic Chemistry: Periodic Table, Chemical Bonding, and Shapes of Compounds, Main Group Elements (s and p blocks), Transition Metals (d block), Bioinorganic Chemistry,
Instrumental Methods of Analysis and Analytical Chemistry.
- Geology: The Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology, Economic Geology and Applied Geology
- Mathematics: Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of One Real Variable, Functions of Two or Three Real Variables, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra and Real Analysis
- Mathematical Statistics: This paper covers 40% of Mathematics and 60% of Statistics.
1- Mathematics covers: Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and
2-statistics covers: Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Joint
Distributions, Limit Theorems, Estimation, and Testing of Hypotheses
- Physics: Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, Kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics and Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics
For further information and regular updates keep visiting our blog scholarshipbag.com.