GPAT Syllabus 2018 is now available and ready to be downloaded from the official website link (Download Syllabus 2017 (here). The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test which is abbreviated as the GPAT 2018 is a national level exam which is of very importance for the students who are seeking admission to the Master’s level program in Pharmacy (M. Pharm). It is to be noted by all appearing students that the GPAT exam is the computer base exam which has to be completed within 3 hours time. The GPAT score is useful for admission in all AICTE approved Universities and Institutions. In this article, we will also provide you the PDF format of the latest updated syllabus of the GPAT. So, students you need not worry at all, just focus on your preparation. All information regarding the GPAT like GPAT online registration, score card, result, syllabus, and scholarship is provided in this web article.
GPAT Syllabus 2018: Details
Name of the Organization> All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Name of the Exam> Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)
Location> All over India
Official Website> www.aicte-gpat.in
GPAT Exam Pattern 2018
• Firstly, the exam is of Objective type i.e. it consists of Multiple Choice Questions.
• The duration of the exam is 3 hours (i.e. 180 minutes).
• In total, there will be 125 questions holding 500 marks.
• Each question carries four marks.
• For an incorrect answer, one mark will be reduced.
• For no answer, zero marks are allotted.
The Exam pattern for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is given below:
Test Type No. of Questions Marks Duration
Written test 125 500 180 minutes (i.e.3 hrs)
GPAT Syllabus 2018
The GPAT Syllabus 2018 is composed of four major sections namely:
• Pharmaceutical Chemistry
• GPAT Exam Pharmaceutics Syllabus
• Physical Pharmacy
• Microbiology in Pharmacy
• Pharmaceutical jurisprudence & Ethics
• Introduction to Dispensing and Community Pharmacy
• The Importance of unit operations in manufacturing
• Dosages Forms, designing & evaluation
GPAT Exam Pharmaceutical Chemistry Syllabus
• Inorganic Pharmaceutical & medicinal chemistry
• Physical Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
• Organic Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
• Medicinal Chemistry
• Pharmaceutical Analysis
GPAT Exam Pharmacology Syllabus
• Pathophysiology of Common Diseases
• Fundamentals of general pharmacology
• Basic Concepts of Pharmacotherapy
GPAT Exam Pharmacognosy Syllabus
• Sources of Drugs
• Volatile Oils
• Glycoside Containing Drugs
• Alkaloid Containing Drugs
• Studies of Traditional Drugs
GPAT Syllabus for General Techniques
• General Techniques of Biosynthetic Studies
• Basic Metabolic Pathways/Biogenesis.
• The role of plant-based drugs on the National economy
• Applications of plant tissue culture in pharmacognosy
• Marine pharmacognosy
We certainly advise that all aspirants should prepare a comprehensive timetable for exam preparation. Your GPAT score will provide you a firm ground for availing the GPAT scholarship scheme. Also read our article on GPAT scholarship 2018.
GPAT Complete Info GPAT Scorecard