Gate 2018: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is organized every year jointly by The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Guwahati, Kharagpur, Delhi, Kanpur, Madras, and Roorkee) at all India level. This exam is being conducted to get admission in higher education (M.Tech./Ph.D.) in any of the IIT, IISc and any other recognized University/Institute or Laboratory in India.
From 2017 gate has decided to conduct Gate Exam at International level in countries like Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates. The pattern for the exam will remain the same but timings may differ due to different time zones. Every year Gate exam is being conducted tentatively in the month of February.
GATE 2018 will be organized by IIT Guwahati
General points to be remembered about GATE 2018:
- Name of the Entrance Examination – GATE 2018 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
- GATE 2018 Conducting IIT – IIT Guwahati
- Gate Exam Level- All India Level Examination
- Gate Exam Type- Postgraduate Examination
- Gate Exam Date- February 03- 04 & February 10- 11, 2018 (Saturday & Sunday)
- Gate is an Online computer-based test (CBT) containing Multiple choice questions (MCQ). You can only use Virtual Calculator provided by GATE.
- You are not allowed to sit in Examination with any of electronic gadgets, mobile phone, physical calculator and wrist watches.
- You can be randomly checked through Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) or may be captured before exam starts.
- If you are appearing for Gate 2018 don’t miss Gate Preparations.
- Once you achieve good marks you can also get financial assistance from MHRD or Other Government agencies to pursue your masters and direct doctoral program in relevant study areas.
- You will be having a chance to get employed in many PSU’s like National Thermal Power Corporation, Power Grid Corporation, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation and Indian Oil Corporation Limited.
Gate 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
- 0.1 Gate 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
- 0.2 How to apply for GATE 2018?
- 0.3 Gate Registration Fee:
- 0.4 Gate 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 0.5 Eligibility Criteria for International Applicants
- 0.6 Gate Virtual Calculator:
- 0.7 Gate 2018 correction Application Form
- 0.8 Gate 2018 Admit Card
- 0.9 Gate 2018 Examination Pattern:
- 0.10 Gate 2018 types of questions
- 0.11 Marking Scheme
- 0.12 Gate 2018 paper codes are given in table please check:
- 0.13 Gate 2018 syllabus
- 0.14 Gate 2018 Scorecard
- 1 GATE for International Candidates
- 2 Essential Documents for GATE 2018 Counselling Process
- 3 GATE Syllabus & Exam Pattern
|Gate 2018 Online Application Form||1st September 2017 -Friday|
|Deadline for Online Application||5th October 2017 -Thursday|
|Corrections in Application Form||IInd week of November 2017|
|Deadline to request for change in Examination Centre City||17 November 2017 -Friday|
|Admit Card Download Availability||05 January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Examination Date Online CBT||February 03- 04 & February 10- 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)|
|Answer Key Release||Within a few days after examination|
|Result Announcement||March 17, 2018 (Saturday)|
|Scorecard Download||Last weekend of May 2018|
|Counseling Starts from||the Second week of April 2018|
How to apply for GATE 2018?
- To apply there is only Online method i.e GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS), no other method is applicable.
- Before filling online application don’t miss to read instructions carefully.
- Please remember Gate 2018 application will be started in September 2018 until the first week of October.
- You will be having one month to fill your application, but don’t wait for last minute.
- You have to register yourself as a NEW USER.
- Once you are a successful user, you will be getting access to GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- You have to get logged in by using GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password.
- You have to fill your personal, professional and academic details in the asked columns.
- After filling your online form you have to upload scanned photograph, thumb impression, signature and your academic certificates or category certificates.
- Applicants from outside India are also eligible to apply, the procedure will be same as for Indian applicants.
- International applicants must have a valid passport.
Gate Registration Fee:
You have to pay your fee only through online method i.e by using Net banking, debit card or e-challan.
|SC/ST/PwD Applicants||Rs. 750/-|
|Women Applicants||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Applicants||Rs. 1500/-|
|For International Applicants||US$ 50|
Gate 2018 Eligibility Criteria
You can check your eligibility in the table given below:
|Required qualification from recognised University or institute||Qualifying Degree Discription||Degree Status||Passing Year|
|B.Arch||You should have 5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||You must be Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M.A./M. Sc./MCA orequivalent||You must have Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||You must have 4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||You should have Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B. S./M. S. program|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.)||4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses|
Eligibility Criteria for International Applicants
- If you are applicants from Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates, you must have completed or pursued a final year of Bachelors degree program in Engineering/Technology. OR
- You may be pursuing post graduate degree in any of the Science subjects.
Gate Virtual Calculator:
- Gate virtual calculator is the online calculator provided by Gate for calculation during the exam. It makes easy to carry functions and operations for tough question or required questions.
- Gate Virtual calculator will only be provided during the online exam, there is no physical calculator allowed in the examination hall. Only you have to use a virtual calculator to solve your Numerical questions.
Gate 2018 correction Application Form
If applicants want to do modification or correction in their application form, this will be allowed only after submission of your application form. If you find any mistake occurred in your application form then you have to write an email subjecting “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” along with the documented proof.
You can only correct or Modify below given
- Name of Applicant
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Have you graduated with the above degree?
- Year of Qualifying Degree
Gate 2018 Admit Card
- You can download your Gate Admit Card only through official website of gate tentatively in the month of January 2018. Please note that admit cards will not be sent individually by post or email. You have to bring a colored printout of Admit card to the Examination Center. Also, you have to bring valid photo ID.
- If you are International applicant you should have valid passport/College ID/Government issued ID.
Gate 2018 Examination Pattern:
The Gate examination pattern will be released soon by IIT Roorkee and it covers complete details about question distribution, nature of the test papers, the number of papers, marking scheme etc. Exam Pattern will help you in Gate Preparation to crack Gate exam 2018.
Read below the following points which will help you for your Gate Preparation
- There will be 23 papers in Gate 2018 tentatively in the month of February. You can appear only one paper at a single time.
- Gate 2018 exam will contain single paper for 3 hours consists of 65 questions carrying 100 marks.
- The question will be Multiple choices (MCQ) and numerical answer type (NAT).
- The exam will be based on ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
- Each and every applicant will be given pad for rough work. It must be returned back to the authority.
- After completion of three hours, the window will automatically close.
Gate 2018 types of questions
- Numerical Answer Questions:
- For the numerical question, you can use a virtual calculator to save your time.
- This question carry 1 0r 2 marks each
- There will be no choice for these types of questions.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ):
- These types of question are having a choice with four answers you have to choose one.
- Every correct answer carries 1 or 2 marks each.
- Each question paper will have 65 question each for 100 marks in total.
- every question paper will be having necessary section i.e general aptitude with 10 questions carrying 15 marks.
- Question paper bearing codes PE, PI, TF, AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN and MT which will be compulsory in Engineering Mathematics section covering 15% of the total marks.And subject paper will cover remaining 70%.
- Question papers having codes GG, MA, PH, AR, CY, EY and XL covering 85% of the total marks.
- Please note that there will also be negative marking for wrong answers in MCQ sections.
Gate 2018 paper codes are given in table please check:
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mathematics||MA|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL|
Gate 2018 syllabus
Gate conducts 23 papers, for each paper syllabus is different, you have to cover each and every topic given in Pdf given below for AE, AG, PH, PI, TF, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, , GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, MT, PE and XL.
To read more about Gate 2018 Syllabus. Click Here
Gate 2018 Scorecard
Soon after the declaration of result, you are requested to download your scorecard which can be downloaded tentatively in the month of March and may 2018 through the GOAPS portal of the gate. If you want a soft copy of your score card you can take by paying Rs 500/-.
GATE for International Candidates
The Gate 2018 Exam will be also hel for international candidates in their respective country Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
GATE 2018 Counselling Procedure
This measure involves allotment of seats will be done on the basis of options filled by pupils and merit list. Once the candidate will be allotted the chair, they have to pay the chair acceptance charges and report on the date and time specified by the jurisdiction.
Step 2: Allotment of Chair, Seat Acceptance fee payment and Reporting:
Having obtained the confirmation letter from the official website, candidates should report to the college including certificates & all the documents for entrance.
Measure 1: Online Registration, Choice Filling, and Choice Locking:
First step involves registration. Then remit the registration fees that are applicable and candidates need to register themselves. On the effective payment of registration fee, applicants will be permitted to fill their choices of preferred programmes. Candidates were advised to lock their choices that were stuffed at the time of the counseling process, after filling with the preference the choice filling. The GATE CCMT Counselling is an entry procedure which is conducted by other and NITs funded institutions. Counselling will be scheduled after the outcome declaration.The GATE counselling process is rigorously based on the GATE 2018 score card. Steps involve from the procedure are:-
Measure 3: Entry to Allotted Institute
After chair allotment, by remitting the payment of chair verification fee candidates were required to finish the seat confirmation process. Following the payment of chair confirmation fee, candidates were able to download the seat verification letter.
Essential Documents for GATE 2018 Counselling Process
- Proof of Provisional Seat allotment (Provisional Seat Allotment letter)
- Date of Birth Certificate (DOB certificate)
- Personal Photo Identity Proof (Photo ID proof)
- Marksheet of 12th Class Pass
- Mark sheet /score card of qualifying examination (for all semester).
- Original GATE 2018 score card
- GATE 2018 Admit card.
- Passport size coloured photograph
- Category certificate if applicable (if valid)
- Seat acceptance fee proof
GATE Syllabus & Exam Pattern
GATE 2018 Syllabus
GATE exam syllabus comprises of 23 papers.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of General Aptitude (GA)
- Verbal Ability: English grammar, verbal analogies, sentence completion, word groups, critical reasoning, instructions, and verbal deduction.
- Numerical Ability: Numerical computation, numerical reasoning numerical estimation and data interpretation
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Aerospace Engineering (AE)
The AE topics divided into two categories: core topics (including 90% questions) & special topics (including 10% remaining questions).
Section 1 (Engineering Mathematics):
- Core Topics:Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Differential Equations.
- Special Topics: Numerical methods for linear and nonlinear algebraic equations, Fourier series, Laplace Transforms, Numerical integration and differentiation.
Section 2 (Flight Mechanics):
- Core Topics: Basics, Static stability & Airplane performance.
- Special Topics: Dynamic stability: Euler angles, stability & control derivatives, Equations of motion, aerodynamic forces and moments, decoupling of longitudinal, , longitudinal modes & lateral-directional dynamics lateral-directional modes.
Section 3 (Space Dynamics):
- Core Topics: Determination of trajectory Central force motion, and orbital period in simple cases.
- Special Topics: Orbit transfer, in-plane and out-of-plane.
Section 4 (Aerodynamics):
- Core Topics:Airfoils and wings, Compressible Flows & Basic Fluid Mechanics,
- Special Topics: Elementary ideas of viscous flows counting boundary layers, Wind Tunnel Testing: Measurement and visualization techniques.
Section 5 (Structures):
- Core Topics: Strength of Materials, Structural Dynamics & Flight vehicle structures
- Special Topics: Vibration of beams, Theory of elasticity: Airy’s stress function, Equilibrium and compatibility equations.
Section 6 (Propulsion):
- Core Topics: Basics, Axial compressors, Axial turbines, Thermodynamics of aircraft engines, Centrifugal compressor & Rocket propulsion.
- Special Topics: No Special Topics.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Agricultural Engineering (AG)
Section 1 (Engineering Mathematics):
- Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Calculus, Vector Calculus, Differential Equations, & Numerical Methods.
Section 2 (Farm Machinery):
- Farm Machinery & Machine Design.
Section 3 (Farm Power):
- Sources of Power, Tractors and Powertillers & Farm Power.
Section 4 (Soil and Water Conservation Engineering):
- Fluid Mechanics, Soil and Water Erosion, Soil Mechanics, Surveying and Leveling, Hydrology, & Watershed Management.
Section 5 (Irrigation and Drainage Engineering):
- Soil-Water-Plant Relationship, Groundwater Hydrology & Wells and Pumps, Irrigation Water Conveyance and Application Methods& Agricultural Drainage.
Section 6 (Agricultural Processing Engineering):
- Drying, Processing and By-product Utilization, Size Reduction and Conveying, & Storage Systems.
Section 7 (Dairy and Food Engineering):
- Preservation of Food & Heat and Mass Transfer
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Architecture and Planning (AR)
Construction and Management, Architecture and Design, Building Materials, Building and Structures, Planning Techniques and Management, Environmental Planning and Design, Urban Design, Urban Planning and Housing, Services, Infrastructure and Transportation.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Biotechnology (BT)
Engineering Mathematics, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA Technology, General Biotechnology (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Analytical Techniques, Immunology, Bioinformatics), Bioprocess Engineering and Process Biotechnology.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Chemical Engineering (CH)
Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, Engineering Mathematics, (Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods), Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer, Instrumentation and Process Control, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Plant Design and Economics & Chemical Technology.
Section 1 (Physical Chemistry):
Structure, Kinetics, Equilibrium, & Surfaces and Interfaces.
Section 2 (Inorganic Chemistry):
Main Group Elements, Transition Elements, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Lanthanides and Actinides, Radioactivity, Organometallics, Solids & Instrumental Methods of Analysis.
Section 3 (Organic Chemistry):
Stereochemistry, Reaction Mechanisms, Organic Synthesis, Heterocyclic Compounds, Pericyclic Reactions and Photochemistry, Biomolecules & Spectroscopy.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Civil Engineering (CE)
Section 1 (Engineering Mathematics):
Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability and Statistics & Numerical Methods, Ordinary Differential Equation (ODE), Partial Differential Equation (PDE).
Section 2 (Structural Engineering):
Engineering Mechanics, Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Concrete Structures, Steel Structures, Construction Materials and Management
Section 3 (Geotechnical Engineering):
Foundation Engineering & Soil Mechanics
Section 4 (Water Resources Engineering):
Hydrology & Irrigation, Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulics
Section 5 (Environmental Engineering):
Municipal Solid Wastes & Noise Pollution, Water and Waste Water, Air Pollution,
Section 6 (Transportation Engineering):
Highway Pavements, Transportation Infrastructure, & Traffic Engineering.
Section 7 (Geomatics Engineering):
Principles of surveying, Remote sensing & Photogrammetry.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)
Syllabus of CS will be covering all important topics of the BE/B.tech curriculum.
Engineering Mathematics (Discrete Mathematics, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability), Digital Logic, Algorithms, Theory of Computation, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, Compiler Design, Operating System, Computer Networks & Databases
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Ecology and Evolution (EY)
Mathematics and Quantitative Ecology, Ecology, Evolution, & Behavioural Ecology.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Electrical Engineering (EE)
GATE electrical engineering syllabus contitute of many core topics. All these topics are listed below.
Electric Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Signals and Systems, Engineering Mathematics (Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods, Transform Theory), Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Digital Electronics & Power Electronics, Electrical and Electronic Measurements & Analog.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Electronics and Communications (EC)
Engineering Mathematics, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, Networks, Signals and Systems, Control Systems, Communications & Electromagnetics.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Geology and Geophysics (GG)
Earth and Planetary system, Introduction to remote sensing, Weathering and soil formation, Principles and applications of gravity.
Geomorphic processes and agents, Cosmic abundance of elements, Igneous rocks, Mechanism of rock deformation, Crystallography, Principles of Stratigraphy, Engineering properties of rocks and soils &Physico-chemical conditions of metamorphism, Morphology
The earth as a planet, different motions of the earth, Elements of Earth’s magnetic field, Scalar and vector potential fields, Absolute and relative gravity measurements, Basic concept of EM induction in the earth Conduction of electricity through rocks & Geophysical signal processing.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Instrumentation Engineering (IN)
Engineering Mathematics (Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Analysis of complex variables, Digital Electronics, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods), Electrical Circuits, Control Systems, Analog, Signals and Systems, Electronics, Measurements, Sensors and Industrial Instrumentation, Communication and Optical Instrumentation.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Mathematics (MA)
Algebra, Linear Algebra, Complex Analysis, Real Analysis, Probability and Statistics Ordinary Differential Equations, Numerical Analysis, Functional Analysis, Partial Differential Equations, Topology, & Linear programming.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Section 1 (Engineering Mathematics):
Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability and Statistics Differential equations, Complex variables, & Numerical Methods.
Section 2 (Applied Mechanics and Design):
Engineering Mechanics, Vibrations & Machine Design, Mechanics of Materials & Types of Machines
Section 3 (Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences):
Heat-Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics & Applications.
Section 4 (Materials, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering):
Engineering Materials, Machining and Machine Tool Operations, Casting, Forming and Joining Processes, Metrology and Inspection, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Production Planning and Control, Inventory Control & Operations Research.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Metallurgical Engineering (MT)
Engineering Mathematics (Linear Algebra, Calculus, Vector Calculus, Differential equations, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods), Thermodynamics and Rate Processes, Extractive Metallurgy, Physical Metallurgy, Mechanical Metallurgy & Manufacturing Processes.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Mining Engineering (MN)
Section 1 (Engineering Mathematics):
Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Calculus, Vector Calculus, Differential equations, & Numerical Methods.
Section 2 (Mine Development and Surveying):
Mine Development & Mine Surveying.
Section 3 (Geomechanics and Ground Control):
Geomechanics, Ground Control &Engineering Mechanics
Section 4 (Mining Methods and Machinery):
Mining Methods and Mining Machinery.
Section 5 (Surface Environment, Mine Ventilation, and Underground Hazards): Mine Ventilation, Surface Environment, and Subsurface Hazards.
Section 6 (Mine Economics, Mine Planning, Systems Engineering): Mine Planning , Mine Economics, and Systems Engineering.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Petroleum Engineering (PE)
Probability and Statistics, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Petroleum Exploration, Oil and Gas Well Drilling Technology, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Differential equations, Complex variables, Numerical Methods, Health Safety and Environment in Petroleum Industry, Reservoir Engineering, Petroleum Production Operations, Offshore Drilling and Production Practices, Oil and Gas Well Testing, Enhanced Oil Recovery Techniques & Latest trends in Petroleum Engineering.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Physics (PH)
Mathematical Physics, Electromagnetic Theory, Atomic and Molecular Physics, Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, Solid State Physics & Electronics, Nuclear and Particle Physics
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Production & Industrial Engineering (PI)
Section 1 (Engineering Mathematics):
Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex variables, & Numerical Methods.
Section 2 (General Engineering):
Engineering Materials, Theory of Machines and Design, Applied Mechanics, Thermal and Fluids Engineering.
Section 3 (Manufacturing Processes I):
Casting, Polymers and Composites, Metal Forming, Joining of materials, Powder processing
Section 4 (Manufacturing Processes II):
Machine Tools and Machining, Computer Integrated Manufacturing & Non-traditional Manufacturing.
Section 5 (Quality and Reliability):
Metrology and Inspection, Reliability, Quality management, and Maintenance.
Section 6 (Industrial Engineering):
Product Design and Development, Facility Design & Work System Design
Section 7 (Operations research and Operations Management):
Operation Research, Production control & Project management, Engineering Economy and Costing,
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)
Engineering Mathematics (Linear Algebra, Calculus, Vector Calculus, Differential Equations, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods), Yarn manufacture, Yarn structure and Properties, Textile Fibers, Fabric manufacture, Structure and Properties, Textile Testing & Chemical processing.
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Engineering Science (XE)
Engineering Mathematics (XE-A):
This section is Mandatory for all XE candidates.
Probability and Statistics & Numerical Methods, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Vector Calculus, Complex variables, Ordinary Differential Equations & Partial Differential Equations
Fluid Mechanics (XE-B):
Flow and Fluid Properties, Kinematics, Differential Analysis, Inviscid flows,Integral analysis, Dimensional analysis, Internal flows, Prandtl boundary layer equations.
Materials Science (XE-C):
Processing of Materials, Properties of Materials (Mechanical Properties, Electronic Properties, Magnetic Properties, Thermal Properties, Optical Properties), Characterization Techniques, Structure and Imperfections, Thermodynamics and Kinetics, Material types, Environmental Degradation, Elements of Quantum Mechanics and Mathematics.
Solid Mechanics (XE-D):
Equivalent force systems, Axial, shear and bending moment diagrams, Stresses and strains, Free vibration of single degree of freedom systems.
Basic Concepts, Properties of Pure Substances, First Law of Thermodynamics, Second Law of Thermodynamics, Thermodynamic Relations, Thermodynamic Cycles, Ideal Gas Mixtures.
Polymer Science and Engineering (XE-F):
Chemistry of high polymers, Polymer Characterization, Polymer Technology, Polymer rheology Synthesis and properties, Polymer blends and composites, Polymer processing, Polymer testing.
Food Technology (XE-G):
Food Chemistry and Nutrition, Food Products Technology & Food Engineering, Food Microbiology, Atmospheric
Ocean Science (XE-H):
Ocean Sciences & Atmospheric Science
GATE 2018 Syllabus of Life Science (XL)
Atomic Structure and Periodicity, Structure and Bonding, s, p and d Block Elements, Reaction Kinetics, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Organic Reaction Mechanisms & Structure-Reactivity Correlations
Organization of life, Enzyme kinetics including its regulation and inhibition, Cell structure and organelles, Biochemical separation techniques, DNA replication & Immune system.
Plant Systematics, Physiology and Biochemistry, Plant Anatomy, Morphogenesis & Development, Genetics, Plant Breeding and Genetic Modification, Plant Pathology, Economic Botany, Ecology and Environment.
Historical Perspective, Methods in Microbiology, Microbial Taxonomy and Diversity, Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells: Structure and Function, Chemotherapy/Antibiotics, Microbial Growth, Control of Micro-organisms, Microbial Metabolism, Microbial Diseases and Host Pathogen Interaction, Microbial Genetics & Microbial Ecology.
Animal world, Evolution, Genetics, Animal Anatomy and Physiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Development Biology, Gene expression in Eukaryotes, Parasitology and Immunology, Ecology & Animal Behaviour.
Food Technology (XL-U):
Food Chemistry and Nutrition, Food Products Technology, Food Microbiology& Food Engineering.