FTII Entrance Exam 2019: The Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) is India’s premier film and television institute having the membership of the International Liaison Centre of Schools of Cinema and Television (CILECT). FTII works under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of the Government of India. The mission of FTII is to attract artists from around the country to work for the development of film, TV, and media.
FTII offers three years PG courses in film direction, editing, cinematography and audiography and two years courses in acting and art direction. Courses are also available in computer graphics and animation field for one and a half year.
Keep reading this article for full information about eligibility criteria, application information, and exam pattern etc.
Important Dates for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
- 1 Important Dates for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
- 1.1 List of Examination Centers for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
- 1.2 Application Fee for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
- 1.4 Courses offered by FTII
- 1.5 Film Wing:
- 1.6 Television Wing:
- 1.7 Important points to be remembered before filling Online Application for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
- 2 How to fill application form for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
- Due date for application is March 2019 (Tentative)
- Date of examination March 2019
List of Examination Centers for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
- New Delhi
Application Fee for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
You can only submit your application fee only through State Bank of Patiala (SBP).
- For General and OBC applicants Rs. 3500/-
- For SC/ST/EBC applicants Rs. 1000/-
- Fee once paid will not be refunded.
Eligibility Criteria for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
- If you are appearing graduate waiting for your result, then you may also apply for this program.
- Important Note: If you are suffering from color blindness then you are not eligible to apply.
|Specialised Courses||Eligibility Criteria|
|PG Diploma in Direction & Screenplay Writing/ Acting/ Editing/ Cinematography||Required Qualification: For this course, you must carry a bachelors degree from any affiliated university.|
|PG Diploma in Sound Recording and Sound Design||
|PG Certificate Course in TV Direction||Required Qualification: Bachelor’s degree must have been completed.|
|PG Certificate Course in Sound Recording and TV Engineering||
Courses offered by FTII
- Art Direction and Production Design
- Screenplay Writing
- Tv Editing
- Tv Engineering
- TV Production and Direction
- TV camera
- TV sound
Important points to be remembered before filling Online Application for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
- Before you fill online application you must read the full guide carefully provided by Concerned Examination Authority by which you come to know about do’s and don’ts while filling your Online application.
- Multiple application will be not be accepted.Only single application will be accepted from one candidate.
- Please enter all the details carefully while filling the form.
- You have the authority to track your status of application through Username and Password provided to you in your email id.
- Please note forms without the fee will be rejected, you make sure that your form is accompanied by examination fee before the last date.
- Recent passport size color photograph must be uploaded at the time of applying online. Also, you have to upload your scanned signature as instructed. Without photograph and signature, the application will be rejected and treated incompletely.
How to fill application form for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
Please follow steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: First of all you must visit FTII website to fill your Online Application.
- Step 2: After visiting the site click on the link i.e Apply online for Admissions 2019, then you will be redirected to FTII admission portal.
- Step 3: Get register yourself as a new user by creating your Username and Password by filling all required details.
- Step 4: Before you register your self-read all the instructions carefully. You have to provide details like your name, Password minimum of six characters, Username you want to generate. Please note give your registered email id and registered phone no. for further communication about your application status.
- After submission of details press submit, your Username and password is also sent to your registered email id.
- Step 5: Now again get logged in through Username and Password you created to fill your application.
- Step 6: Online application form will appear on your window, you have to fill all your details with education qualification etc. Also, select a course, category and other details carefully as these details cannot be changed afterward.
- Step 7: Finally submit your form and keep a print with you. Further, you will get your verification code and a link to make payment after submission of application. Pay your fee before the due date.
Admit Card for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
Visit concerned Authority site on the regular basis to download your admit card as they may release admit card anytime. Your admit card will carry details like your name, roll no., time, venue, exam date. You are not allowed to attend your exam without admit card.
Exam Pattern for FTII Entrance Exam 2019
- The written exam will be of 100 marks of about 3 hours at mentioned examination centers above. Once you qualify written Exam you will be called for orientation, Interview and Medical Test which will be held in Pune.
- The examination will be conducted via offline mode with language covering English and Hindi. Question asked will be of objective type
- Once the final merit list is prepared you will be notified. Your merit depends on orientation and Interview with each stage carrying 50% weightage.
FTII Entrance Exam 2018 Result Announcement
The declaration of results will be made only through online mode by FTII. You will be shortlisted on the basis of marks you have obtained.
Facilities provided by FTII
- Student Awards
- Mess facility
- Sports and Games Facility
- Hostel facility
- Daily screening about FTII
- Bank and Post office facility
Scholarship Criteria offered by FTII
|Sr. No.||Name of the Scholarship||No. of Scholarships||Criteria of Scholarships||Amount (Per Year)|
|I)||1st Year Students||8||Entrance Exam Merit||Rs. 22,000/-|
|II)||2nd Year Students||12||1st Year Exam Merit||Rs. 22,000/-|
|III)||3rd Year Students||12||2nd Year Exam Merit||Rs. 22,000/-|
|IV)||One Year Post Graduate Certificate Course in Television||5||Year End Exam Merit||Rs. 22,000/-|
|2||‘Kamalakar Scholarship’ (In memory of Late Shri Kamalakar Vinayak Karthanis, well known Film Editor)||2||Film Editing Students who rank 1st and 2nd in final Diploma Examination||Rs.5,000/-
|3||‘Phalake Memorial Honour’ (In memory of Late Shri Dadasaheb Phalke)||2||Two best students in final Diploma Examination.||Rs.2,500/-
|4||‘Baburao Patel Scholarship’ (In memory of Late Baburao Patel, renowned Author, Journalist and Editor)||1||Meritorious Student in final Diploma Examination||Rs. 5,000/-|
|5||‘Kumudini Ranade Memorial Scholarship’ (In memory of Late Smt. Kumudini Ranade.)||1||Best Girl student in final Diploma Examination||Rs. 1,000/-|
|6||‘Jagdish Batra Memorial Scholarship’ (In memory of Late Shri Jagadish Batra, well know Cinematographer)||1||Most deserving & best student in Final Diploma Examination in Cinematography.||Rs. 500/-|
|7||‘K.A. Abbas Scholarship/Prize’ (In memory of Late Shri K.A. Abbas)||1||Deserving student in first year Entrance Merit||Rs. 6,000/-|
|8||‘Nandini Sanyal Scholarship’ (In memory of Late Kum. Nandini Sanyal)||1||Deserving student in Editing on the basis of first year ending exam merit||Rs. 5,000/-|
|9||‘Kodak Cinematography Award’||1||Best student in Second year Exam merit in Cinematography.||Rs. 15,000/-|
|10||‘Dolby Scholarship’||1||Best student in the 2nd year Exam merit in Audiography.||Rs. 500 UK Pounds|
|11||‘Vindhu Vinod Chopra Scholarship’||1||Best student in Certificate Course in One year Direction Final Examination.||Rs. 25,000/-|
|12||‘Kaifi Azmi Scholarship’||1||Needy best student in 2nd year Acting.||Rs. 50,000/-|
|13||‘Bachchan Patra Scholarship’||1||Best student in 1st year Entrance merit in Acting||Rs. 50,000/-|
|14||‘Krishna Gopal Scholarship’||1||Deserving student in 2nd year Cinematography Merit||Rs. 25,000/-|
|15||‘Inlaks Scholarship’||3||i)*One year Post Graduate Certificate Course -1||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|ii)*One year Screenplay Writing Course -1||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|iii)*Second Year Acting Course -1||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|*Basis of their resume followed by an interview|
|16||‘Fire Works Production Scholarship’||1||Needy and based on entrance merit student for One Year Certificate Course in Camera or Direction||Rs. 50,000/-|
|17||Prabhat Best Direction Award||1||Will be Awarded at the time of Completion Diploma Course.||Rs. 11,000/-|
|18||V.G. Damale Sound Recording Award||1||Will be Awarded at the time of Completion Diploma Course.||Rs. 11,000/-|
|19||Shatrughan Sinha Scholarship||1||1st Year Deserving student in Diploma Course in Acting.||Rs. 25,000/-|
|20||Ms. Renu Saluja Scholarship||1||3rd Year of 3 year Diploma in FTII on the basis of merit in Second year Year End Examination.||Rs.30,000/- per annum|
|21||IIFA Resul Pookutty Foundation Fellowship||1||P.G. Diploma students||$5,000|
|22||Late Mr. Sushant Arora Scholarship||1||2nd Rank in Merit of Entrance Exam. For Three year P.G. Diploma in Cinematography.||Rs.21,000/-|
|23||S.N.Agarwal Scholarship||1||Entrance exam. merit first year P.G.Diploma Cinematography||Rs.20,000/-|
|1||1st year End Exam merit second year P.G.Dip.Cinematography||Rs.20,000/-|
|1||2nd year End Exam merit Third-year P.G.Dip.Cinematography||Rs.20,000/-|
|24||S.N.Agarwal Scholarship||1||Entrance exam. merit first year P.G.Diploma Sound||Rs.20,000/-|
|1||1st year End Exam merit second year P.G.Diploma Sound||Rs.20,000/-|
|1||2nd year End Exam merit Third year P.G.Diploma Sound||Rs.20,000/-|
|25||State Scholarship||Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC as announced by respective state authorities time to time|
Please pay attention information we have provided is tentative based on last year notification, as soon as concerned examination authority updates information we will be updating the same for you. Keep visiting official website of FTII Entrance Exam 2019 for future updates along with our blog admission.scholarshipbag.com