CLAT 2018 (Common Law Admission Test) is a national level entrance exam. It is conducted once in every year in the month of May. It is purpose is granting admission in Integrated L.L.B and L.L.M Programme offered by 17 National Law Universities of India.
CLAT 2018 examination for the session 2017-2018 will be organized by the Chanakya National Law University, Patna. Last year CLAT 2016 was managed by the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab.
CLAT Application form for 2018 will be started from the 1st January 2017 tentative. Candidates can check the latest updates for CLAT Exam 2017 at official website i.e. including registration, syllabus, exam dates, with the due course this information will also update here.
CLAT 2018 Notification – New Changes
As per the decision of CLAT Examining Authority, some new changes have been made we will discuss below for your kind information.
The highest age limit will be 20 years (as earlier 31st December of the year of the exam) to apply for CLAT 2018 examination.
The counseling process will be organized in only three counseling rounds (last year counseling was organized in four counseling rounds).
Courses offered by NLUs
- B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.S.W. LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.Sc. LL.B. (Hons.)
CLAT 2018 Exam Dates
CLAT 2018 Online registration process started from
1st January 2018 and closes on 31st March 2017.
Given CLAT Exam Dates are tentative and will be updated by actual after receiving the official notification.
|CLAT First Admission Notification||Second week of December 2016|
|CLAT Application Start Date||1st January 2018|
|The last date for submission CLAT online application form||31st March 2018|
|CLAT Admit Card Available||Third week of April 2018|
|CLAT Exam Date of Exam||Second week of May 2018|
|CLAT Result in Declaration||Third week of May 2018|
|CLAT Merit List Release||First week of June 2018|
|CLAT Counseling started from||First week of June 208|
CLAT 2018 Application Form
- CLAT 2017 Application will be available by an online process only.
- The CLAT 2017 Application Form will be Available from the 1st January 2017.
- Before filling the application form, Candidates should be ready with the scanned documents of the photograph, signature, SC/ST/SAP certificate and domicile certificate.
- The closing date for submission of the filled application will be the 31st March 2017.
- There is no facility the application form through the offline process.
CLAT 2018 Application Fee
Applicants, those belong to the UR/OBC/SAP (Specially Abled Persons) category, have to need to submit Rs. 4,000/- as an application fee. SC/ST candidates have to need pay Rs. 3,500/- only. The application fee can be deposited through Online or e-Challan. Additional bank charges may apply for the above transactions.
CLAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
To appear in CLAT 2017, Applicants have to fully read the following eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for UG and PG program are different as given below section:
For UG Programme:
- The candidate has to qualify their 12th or equivalent examination with the minimum 45% marks for Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories and 40% marks SC/ST category.
- Appearing Applicants of Class 12th or equivalent examination is also eligible to appear in this Exam.
- At the time of admission/counseling, the candidates would have to produce an evidence of their passing examination.
- The higher age limit to appear in CLAT 2017 is 20 years.
For PG Programmes:
- Applicants must be passed the LL.B or equivalent program degree with a minimum of 55% marks for Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories and 50% marks (SC/ST category).
- Candidates appearing in the final examination are also eligible to appear CLAT.
- Candidates will have to produce the evidence of their passaging examination at the time of admission.
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit to pursue post-graduate programs.
The CLAT Exam Pattern is different for UG and PG courses.
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be held thru the online process.
- It will be totally computer based test (CBT).
- Medium: The medium of exam will be of English language.
- Marks: The question paper will be maximum200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given to the candidate for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: for each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- Duration: The time duration of CLAT exam will be two hours.
For PG Programmes:
- Mode of Exam: CBT (Computer Based Test) The exam will be held thru the online process.
- It will be totally computer based test (CBT).
- Medium: English The medium of entrance examination will be of English language.
- Duration: 2 hours (The paper duration will be 2 Hours).
- Marks: 150 (The paper will consist of 150 MCQs.)
- Marking Scheme: 1 Mark for each right answer, The candidate will be given for 1 mark for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be ¼ negative marks for every incorrect response.
CLAT 2018 Syllabus
For the exam study, candidates have to know about the complete Syllabus. The syllabus of this entrance exam will be prepared by the conducting university. The syllabus of CLAT 2017 is not fixed it changes every year. The syllabus majorly includes the subject of General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Elementary Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Constitutional Law. click here for or clat 2018 syllabus.
CLAT 2018 Admit Card
Applicants will be able to download the admit card from online mode. CLAT 2017 Admit Card will be available from the 3rd week of April 2017 (it is tentative). The conducting university will not send the admit card by post. On the day of the exam, it is necessary for the applicants to bring the identity proof along with the admit card.
CLAT 2018 Answer Key
On the day of the examination, we will display the answer key to facilitate the candidates to calculate their scores. After the result announcement, the CLAT official answer key will be released. The CLAT 2017 official answer key will be released on the second week of May 2017 (tentative). With the help of answer key 2017.
CLAT 2018 Result
The CLAT 2018 Result will be displayed in the third week of May 2017 (tentative). The result will be announced by officials. After the result released, the merit list will be released in the first week of June 2018 (it is tentative). On the basis of the merit list, Applicants will be called for the admission procedure.
CLAT 2017 Counselling
The admission to UG and PG courses in participating universities will be done by centralized counseling. The seat will be allotted on the basis of the merit list. That will be prepared by CLAT 2017 score and order of preference given by the Applicants in the CLAT application form. After the result Declare, the Counselling process will be started. The CLAT 2017 counseling schedule will start from the first week of June 2017 (it is tentative). The counseling process will be carried in three rounds. applicants would have to pay Rs. 50,000/- as counseling fee to show their seriousness in taking admission in any of the participating NLU(s).
CLAT 2017 Application Form / How to apply Click Here
List of all Participating National Law University
National Law School of India University is located in Bangalore and joined CLAT in 2008.
Nalsar University of Law is located in Hyderabad and joined CLAT in 2008.
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences is located in Kolkata and joined CLAT in 2008
National Law Institute University is located Bhopal and joined CLAT 2008
National Law University is located in Jodhpur and joined CLAT 2008
Hidayatullah National Law University is located in Raipur and joined CLAT 2008
Gujarat National Law University is located in Gandhi Nagar and joined CLAT 2008
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University is located in Lucknow and joined CLAT 2009
Chanakya National Law University is located in Patna and joined CLAT 2009 (Organizing CLAT 2017)
National University of Advanced Legal Studies is located in Kochi and joined CLAT 2009
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law is located in Patiala and joined CLAT 2009
National University of Study and Research in Law is located in Ranchi and joined CLAT 2012
National Law University is located in Cuttack and joined CLAT 2012
National Law University and Judicial Academy is located in Guwahati and joined CLAT 2012
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University is located in Visakhapatnam and joined CLAT 2014
Tamil Nadu National Law School is located in Srirangam and joined CLAT 2015