CDS Application Form 2018: If you are desired to make your career in defence, here is the golden opportunity to make your dream come true and serve yourself for the nation. This exam is being conducted by Union Public service every year for the recruitment to Office cadre of Air Force, Army and Navy.
You can read more about UPSC CDS II Exam Answer key.
Once you qualify the written test further you will be interviewed by Service Selection Board (SSC) and if finally you got selected depending upon your choice and your merit, Don’t miss to check UPSC Calendar 2017 you will be sent to one of the following institutes for further orientation:
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai 21st SSC Women (Non-Technical)
- If you are women applicant than in that case you will be eligible for OTA ( Officers Training Academy, Chennai) only
- If you are joining first three institutes mentioned above get a permanent commission. And if you are passing out from OTA get short service commission.
- You are required to mention your preference while filling up the application form.
Read more about CDS Syllabus.
CDS Exam 2017 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Events||CDS 1 Exam 2018|
|Announcement of notification||November 2017|
|CDS Application Form 2018 starts from|
|Deadline for CDS Application Form 2018||December 2017|
|CDS Exam 2018 Date||5 February 2018|
|CDS Results 2018||April/May 2018|
|CDS joining Letter||January 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for CDS Exam 2018
|Age limit according to institutes||Required Age|
|Indian Naval Academy||Unmarried male candidates Born not earlier than 2nd July 1992 & not later than 1st July 1997|
|Air Force Academy||20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2016|
|Indian Military Academy||Born After 2nd July 1992 and earlier than 1st July 1997|
|Officers Training Academy (Man)||Born Between 2nd July 1991 to 1st July 1997|
|Officers Training Academy (Women, Non-Technical)||Unmarried women candidates born between 2nd July 1991 to 1st July 1997|
- You should be Indian applicant or have migrated from another place with an intention of settling down in India.
- Only Unmarried youths are eligible to apply.
You can also read and download CDS Previous Year Question Paper PDF.
Educational Requirement for CDS Exam 2018:
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- You have to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
- If you are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared up to the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination certificates at the time of SSB.
Don’t miss to download CDS Cut Off.
CDS Examination Center List:
Agartala, Shillong, Ahmedabad, Aizwal, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Srinagar, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Lucknow, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Ranchi, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (GOA), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Sambalpur, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam.
CDS Application Form 2018 Fee (Tentative):
- If you are general/OBC applicant you have to pay Rs. 200 only
- If you belong SC / ST / Female category, you don’t have to pay any fee.
How to pay Fee?
- You have to pay your fee for CDS Application Form 2017 by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or you can also use Net Banking facility of State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or you can pay via VISA/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- Please note that fee once paid will not be refunded in any condition.
How to Apply or How to fill CDS Application Form 2018?
- You need to apply online through official website of UPSC which will be activated soon.
- You are advised to submit an only single application in any case if you submit another/multiple applications then you must ensure that application with higher (Registration ID) is complete in all respect. You have to pay fee again because Fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other
- Required documents:
(1) Matric/Higher Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent showing date of birth (DOB)
(2) Degree/Provisional Degree Certificate/Marks sheet showing clearly having passed degree examination and eligible for the award of the degree.
- You will have to register yourself first by filling your details like Name, Date of Birth, Fathers Name, Email ID, Password etc. in the Registration Part. If you had registered yourself earlier with UPSC will have to login in with their Registration ID and Password.
- After that you have to fill up your application Form: Personal profile, educational qualification, experience, exam cities, upload documents, scanned signature and photograph.
- You have to be ready with scanned signature and recent photograph in a prescribed format.
- Then you have to make payment by above-mentioned ways.
- Please check all the details once before submitting your form. After final submission take print out of receipt and online submission of form for future use.
Note: Information mentioned in CDS Application Form 2018 is based on an announcement made last year. As soon as UPSC makes an announcement we will update the same. Till then keep visiting our blog scholarshipbag.com.