CBSE UGC NET 2019: Every year on behalf of Union Grant Commission (UGC), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) organizes the National Eligibility Test (NET) for those applicants who are interested to become the professor. The goal of conducting UGC NET is to offers applicants with good higher education candidates and also to promote university activities in the field of education, culture, sports and allied areas. After qualifying the exam you will have the opportunity to apply for the junior research fellowship and for the posts of assistant professor also.
Read the full article below for detailed information about eligibility criteria, application information and how to submit the application? etc.
Important Dates for CBSE UGC NET 2019
|Submission of Online Application Form starts from||August 2019|
|Deadline to submit Online Application Form||September 2019|
|Deadline for submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of (SYNDICATE/CANARA/ICICI/HDFC BANK)||September 2019|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website||September 2019|
|Admit Card availability||Oct 2019|
|Date of Examination||November 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for CBSE UGC NET 2019
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- You must not exceed the maximum age limit of up to 28 years as on 1st January 2019.
- If you belong to reserved category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates) you will get upper age relaxation of 5 years. Also if you are carrying research experience than you will be allotted relaxation. If you are pursuing LL.M. degree than you will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
For Assistant Professor:
- There is no upper age limit set for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- You must hold PG degree or its equivalent with the minimum score of least 55% from an affiliated university/institution.
- If you have already qualified OR will qualify Post graduate degree OR if you are waiting for your results OR if your examination has been postponed (only in case) will be eligible to apply for CBSE UGC NET 2019.
- The Ph.D. students must have completed their PG degree prior September 19, 1991 will be suitable to get 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks.
Subject offered for CBSE UGC NET 2019
Political Science, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, History, Anthropology, Commerce, Education, Social Work, Defence and Strategic Studies, Home Science, Public Administration, Population Studies, Hindustani Music (Vocal/Instrumental), Management, Maithili, Bengali, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Arabie, English, Linguistics, Chinese, Dogri, Nepali, Manipuri, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, French, Spanish, Russian, Persian, Rajasthani, German, Japanese, Adult Education/ Continuing, Education/ Andragogy / Non Formal Education , Physical Education, Arab Culture and Islamic Studies, Indian Culture, Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management, Law, Library and Information Science, Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies, Comparative Study of Religions, Mass Communication and Journalism, Dance, Museology & Conservation, Archaeology, Criminology, Tribal and Regional Language/Literature, Folk Literature, Comparative Literature, Sanskrit Traditional Subjects (including Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotisha/Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/Mimamsa/Navya Nyaya/Sankhya Yoga/Tulanatmaka Darsana/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedanta/ Dharma Sastra/ Sahitya/ Purana-itihasa/Agama/Advaita Vedanta), Women Studies, Visual Art (including Drawing &Painting/Sculpture/Graphics/Applies Art/History of Art), Geograph, Social Medicine & Community Health, Forensic Science, Pali, Kashmiri, Konkani, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, Environmental Sciences, International and Area Studies, Prakrit, Human Rights and Duties, Tourism Administration and Management, Bodo, Santali, Karnatik Music (Vocal Instrument, Percussion), Rabindra Sangeet, Percussion Instruments, Drama/Theatre and Yoga
Application Fee for NET 2019
- For OBC candidates: Rs-300/-
- For General candidates: Rs-600/-
- For SC/ST/PwD: Rs-150/-
- You can pay your application fee via online mode using credit card/debit card or net banking.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded.
How to fill CBSE UGC NET 2019 Application Form?
- To fill NET 2019 Application form you have to visit official website tentatively in the month of October, after releasing of official notification for NET (National Eligibility Test).
- You have to first create your login ID and get register with CBSE. Again login to the application form to fill the complete details like your qualification and personal details.
- Upload your recent passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay your application fee using your method payment and fill the details carefully.
- You can submit your application form tentatively in the month of November 2019.
- Don’t forget to take the printout of your filled application form after final submission for future use.
Exam Pattern for CBSE UGC NET 2019
- You will get three question papers for NET 2019 i.e paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3.
- The 1st paper will be compulsory for all.
- You have to choose two optional subjects, in which they have command over.
- The second and third paper consider of questions related to those subjects.
- Each correct answer carries 2 marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
The exam pattern is as such:
|S.No.||Subjects in the exam||No. of questions||Marks allotted|
|Paper-1||Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, Comprehension||60 (you need to attempt only 50)||100 (2 marks for each question)|
|Paper-2||Subject selected by you||50 (All questions mandatory)||100|
|Paper-3||Subject selected by you||75 (All questions mandatory)||150|
Each subject will be having different subjects. You will be having the choice to select subjects from more than 94.You can prepare as per the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE.
- Applicants will get their admit card after the successful submission of application form online.
- You can easily download the admit card from the official website of CBSE/UGC by entering your login credentials.
- The Admit card is necessary document required for appearing in the test. Without admit card you not allowed to sit in the examination.
- Admit card includes details like your name, roll no, date of birth, examination date & timings, examination center, photograph & signature etc.
- Please check all the instructions provided on the admit card before visiting your examination center.
CBSE UGC NET Result 2019
- The result of CNSE UGC NET 2019 will be published on the official site in the month of May 2019.
- After result announcement, candidates can apply for the fellowship or the post of assistant lecturer.
For more information, keep visiting our blog scholarshipbag.com