BITS MCA 2018: BITS MCA Entrance Exam is a University level exam organized by the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra for applicants to join the full-time Master of Computer (MCA) Application program in various campuses of BITS. You can check the details about BITS MCA 2018 eligibility criteria, exam dates, application form, exam pattern etc. Also, check the details about BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2018.
Every year Birla Institute of Technology invites desired applicants who want to get admissions for full-time Masters program in Computer Applications (MCA). The BIT Mesra organizes the MCA entrance test for each commencing year. Applicants can take the admission in the various campuses located at Lalpur, Jaipur, Noida after appearing in the entrance test.
BITS MCA 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
- 1 BITS MCA 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
- 1.1 Eligibility Criteria for BITS MCA 2018
- 1.2 BITS MCA 2018 Application Fee
- 1.3 BITS MCA 2018 Exam Pattern
- 1.4 BITS MCA 2018 Admit Card
- 1.5 BITS MCA 2018 Result
- 1.6 BITS MCA 2018 Admission
- 1.7 Documents required during BITS MCA 2018 Admission:
- 1.8 Syllabus for BIT MCA 2018
|Online application submission starts from||the Second week of March 2018|
|Deadline to apply online||Last week of April 2018|
|Receipt of completed application form at Mesra||First week of May 2018|
|Admit card download starts from||Last week of May 2018|
|Date of online test||1st week of June 2018|
|Result Announcement||3rd week of June 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for BITS MCA 2018
- You must have passed 10+2 or intermediate or its equivalent from recognized board of Center or State.
- Mathematics and Science are the mandatory subjects in your 12th standard.
- You should hold the Bachelor’s Degree in BCA, B.Sc with IT/Electronics/Statistics/ Mathematics/Computer Science, B.E in Computer Science/IT.
- If you are appearing candidates you can also apply.
- The minimum marks required in graduation are 55% and if you belong to the reserved category you must have achieved 50% marks.
BITS MCA 2018 Application Fee
- for General/OBC Rs. 2,500/-.
- for SC/ST applicants Rs. 1,500/-.
- You have to pay your BITS MCA 2018 application fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank).
- The fee is non-refundable.
BITS MCA 2018 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted through online mode only for the duration of 2 hours
- You will find Multiple Choice Type in your exam.
- Each correct answer carries 4 marks each.
- There will be negative marking also. For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted from the total score.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Analytical Ability& Logical Reasoning||20|
BITS MCA 2018 Admit Card
- Admit cards will be sent by BITS via e-mail/post to all applicants who have successfully submitted their application form.
- You can also download your Admit card which will be available on the website tentatively after the 3rd week of May 2018 on the website by entering your name, form no. and Date of Birth.
BITS MCA 2018 Result
- You can check your result only through online mode.
- The result will be uploaded to the website in the third week of June 2018.
- The admission will be done on the various campuses of Birla Institute of Technology on the basis marks achieved by the applicants.
BITS MCA 2018 Admission
- On the basis of marks achieved in the BITS MCA 2018 entrance exam applicants will be shortlisted.
- According to the merit list of BITS MCA 2018, candidates will be allotted college and course.
- After the third week of June 2018, the merit list will be made available on the website and on the Notice Boards of the Institute/concerned campus.
Documents required during BITS MCA 2018 Admission:
- Mark sheet of class 10th and 12th
- DOB Certificates
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Mark sheet of Graduation
- Admit Card and Score card of BITS MCA 2018
- Photo Identification
Syllabus for BIT MCA 2018
Section A: Mathematics
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, expansion, factorization, permutations and combinations, binomial theorem, surds.
- Matrix Algebra: Elementary transformations, solution of simultaneous linear equations, rank, eigenvalues, and eigenvectors, the quadratic forms the inverse of a matrix.
- Set Theory: Sets and subsets, properties of integers, operations on sets, relations, and functions, sequences.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous functions, integration by parts, simple examples of maxima and minima, differentiation of function(s), tangents and normals, integration by substitution and integration by partial fraction, definite integral application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of a sphere, cone, cylinder, Taylor Series.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: equations of a line, mid-point, intersections etc., Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, distance formulae, equations of a circle, scaling, parabola, a pair of straight lines, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, ellipse and hyperbola.
- Vectors: scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics, Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, homogeneous linear differential equations linear differential equations with constant coefficients.
- Probability and Statistics: Averages, dependent and independent events, Basic concepts of probability theory, frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, mathematical expectations, binomial, Poisson, curve fitting, random variable and distribution functions, skewness and kurtosis, and the principle of least squares, normal distributions, correlation, and regression.
- Trigonometry: Properties of triangles, Simple identities, inverse function, trigonometric equations, height and distance, the solution of triangles.
- Linear Programming: Basic concepts of graphical and simplex methods, revised simplex method, Formulation of simple linear programming problems, transportation and assignment problems, duality and integer programming
Section B: Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Questions in this section will test quantitative reasoning, logical reasoning visio-spatial reasoning
Section C: Computer Awareness
- Data Representation, Computer Basics, Computer Language, Computer Architecture, Operating Systems, Flowchart, and Algorithms
Section D: English
- Use of articles and prepositions (fill in the blanks or correct use)
- Expansion of an idea
- Idioms and phrases
- Sentence sequence (jumbled sentences)
- Abridging sentences / paragraphs.
- Choice of appropriate word to fill in the blanks (with options)
- Reading comprehension
- Completion of a sentence (with choices)
For more information about, keep visiting our blog scholarshipbag.com