AIIMS 2018: All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is best known for public medical colleges of higher education. After AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam applicants get the opportunity to explore their ideas in the medical field. All these institutes are approved by Act of Parliament as institutions of national importance. AIIMS is responsible for degrees, diploma and other academic distinctions offered to create new inventions in the field of Medical sciences.
The goal of AIIMS is to meet the health problems of the community which is a diverse problem in our society. The practice adopted here is of high quality which aims to bring together one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of health activities and to attain self-sufficiency in PG medical education. There are many initiatives taken by Govt and AIIMS, Delhi to adopt new methods and technology to overcome health issues.
Branches of AIIMS: Their are six other branches of AIIMs which are having similar goals and duties these are as follows:
Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh
Every year AIIMS medical entrance exam is being conducted by AIIMS, Delhi. AIIMS offers a degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences which covers five and a half year also it covers one-year compulsory internship.
AIIMS 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
- 1 AIIMS 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
- 2 AIIMS 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- 3 AIIMS Exam Fee:
- 4 AIIMS MBBS 2018 Application Form:
- 5 AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam Seat Distribution:
- 6 AIIMS 2018 Admit card Download:
- 7 AIIMS 2018 Examination Center List:
- 8 AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam Pattern:
- 9 General Instructions for AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam:
- 10 AIIM 2018 Marking Scheme:
- 11 AIIMS 2018 Cut-off
- 12 AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam Syllabus:
- 13 AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam Result Announcement:
- 14 AIIMs 2018 Counselling
- 15 AIIMS 2018 Admission:
- 16 FEES and other payment for Indian Nationals:
- 17 If you are foreign National then you have to pay:
- 18 Attendance to MBBS:
|AIIMS MBBS 2018 Events||Schedule|
|AIIMS 2018 Online registration starts from||3rd week of Feb 2018|
|AIIMS 2018 Deadline for online registration||3rd week of Mar 2018|
|To check Status of Registration||Last week of Mar 2018|
|Last date for complying with deficiencies in application||2nd week of Apr 2018|
|Admit Card download||1st week of May 2018|
|AIIMs entrance exam 2018 Date||Last week of May 2018|
|AIIMS 2018 Result||2nd week of Jun 2018|
|AIIMS 2018 Counselling – 1st Round||1st – 2nd week of Jul 2018|
|Counselling – 2nd Round||1st week of Aug 2018|
|Counselling – 3rd Round||1st week of Sept 2018|
|Open counselling||Last week of Sept 2018|
AIIMS 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- You must have attained 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2018 at the time of admission.
- You must have passed the 12th class following the 10+2 pattern from a recognised board of any Indian state with English, Chemistry, Physics and Biology as necessary subjects.
- If you belong to General or OBC category you should have achieved 60% and if you belong to SC/ST/OPH category then you have to achieve 50%.
- overseas citizen of India (OCI) students are also eligible to appear AIIMS Exam. You are required to submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955.
- If you are applicants from other countries (Foreign Nationals), nominated by Govt of India should have achieved 50% aggregate marks in ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY in 12th standard from a recognised institute.
AIIMS Exam Fee:
- You are required to pay your AIIMS application fee through Online methods ie: Internet Banking, Debit/Credit card.
- The application fee is non-refundable in any case.
|Category for AIIMS Exam||Fees||Transaction Charges||Total|
|General & Other Backward Classes [Both Creamy and Non-creamy Layers]||Rs.1000/-||As Applicable||Rs.1000.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs.800/-||As Applicable||Rs.800.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Application Form:
- If you are desired to get admission in AIIMS, you are required to fill the online application through the official website of AIIMS.
- You must read the full prospectus carefully before filling Online Application form.
- Please remember to fill online application very carefully, first you have to make your registration by entering required details.
- You are required to fill your personal details like Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender, Nationality, Marital Status during the registration process.
- You must be ready with your recent scanned photograph and scanned Thumb and Signature.
- You are required to pay your fee, without application fee the application form will be treated as incomplete form and will not be further entertained.
- After all these formalities you have to take a printout of all the documents for future use.
- Please remember that you have to give your registered email ID and registered Phone No. as for communication purpose.
AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam Seat Distribution:
Across India, there are 672 seats allotted in 7 participating AIIMS institutes. Out of 672 seats, 72 seats are reserved for AIIMS Delhi and remaining 600 seats are distributed among 6 institutes of AIIMS. Please check the table for distribution of seats:
|AIIMS MBBS & location||UR||OBC||SC||ST||Total|
|Total No. of seats||337||181||101||53||672|
Important Note: If in any case the seats of reserved category are not filled after calling reserved candidates than these seats will be made available for general category.
AIIMS 2018 Admit card Download:
- You can download AIIMS 2018 Admit card from the official website of AIIMS i.e www.aiimsexams.org tentatively in the month of May 2018. You have to take a printout of the admit card because without admit card you will not be allowed to sit for an exam. Please remember that no admit card will be sent through the postal system.
- Please check once the downloaded admit card bears all your requisite information correctly. If you find any wrong information contact to AIIms immediately.
- You are suggested to keep your admit card safe till your final admission is not done.
AIIMS 2018 Examination Center List:
Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kochi, Kolkata and Lucknow
AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam Pattern:
- The exam will be conducted in the month of May 2018 as per decided by Director, AIIMS, New Delhi which will be totally Computer-based Test(CBT).
- The AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam covers 3½ hours (three hours and thirty minutes). This exam is being divided into two shifts i.e:
- first shit- Morning: 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
Second Shift- Afternoon: 03:00 PM to 06:30 PM.
- The examination Centre is tentatively divided among 171 cities all over India.
- The question paper will be generally in English or Hindi depends on the choice of the applicant.
- The exam covers 200 objective Type questions from General Knowledge/Aptitude, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Please check below no. of question distribution:
|Subject for AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam||Number of Questions|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
General Instructions for AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam:
- You are suggested to reach examination centre on time because you have to follow some pre-examination activities like Biometric capture, photo capture etc. You must come 30 minutes before the exam starts to avoid delay.
- You have to take your valid admit card with ID proof and one photograph.
- You are not required to bring any electronic gadgets, wrist watches, cell phone, pager, calculator and blue tooth etc. in the examination centre. please remember other than this you are also not required to bring books, Ornaments, hair bands, headgear, hair clips, belt, bags, credit cards and debit cards etc.
AIIM 2018 Marking Scheme:
- Each correct answer will carry 1 mark each.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers.
AIIMS 2018 Cut-off
AIIMS 2018 cutoff is the minimum marks that individuals have to score to get admissions in AIIMS. Please check the table below for cut off:
|Division of Category||Cut-off Score|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||45%|
|SC / ST||40%|
|OPH||Cut-offs of the respective category|
AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam Syllabus:
- Please note that the syllabus of AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam is based on 12 class standard follows 10+2 Pattern.
- The syllabus will contain many subjects like Chemistry, Physics, Biology(Botany & Zoology) and General Knowledge/ Aptitude.
- Please check detailed syllabus below:
Biology (Botany and Zoology): Diversity in living world, Cell- the unit of life/structure/function, Genetics and evolution, Structure and function- plants, Structure and function- animals, Reproduction/growth/movement in plants, Reproduction and development in human, Ecology and environment, Biology and human welfare, Biotechnology and its applications
Physics: Introduction & Management, Description of motion in one dimension, Description of motion in two and three dimension, Laws of motion, Work, energy and power, Rotational motion, Gravitation, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Thermal and Chemical Effects of currents, Magnetic effects of current, Magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and alteration currents, Electromagnetic waves, Ray optics and optical instruments, Electrons and photons, Atoms, molecules and nuclei, Solids and semiconductor devices
General Knowledge/Aptitude: Current Affairs, History, Major corporate events, Business, Top officials of big companies, World Records, Punch line of companies, Famous award and prizes, Books and authors and Science etc
Chemistry: Some basic concepts of chemistry, Chemistry in everyday life, Chemical bonding, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, States of matter, Chemical energetic, Atomic structure, Equilibrium in physical & chemical processes ionic equilibrium, Redox reactions, Solid state chemistry, Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Chemical kinetics, Electrochemistry, Surface chemistry, Hydrogen, s-block elements, General principles & processes of isolation of elements, p-block elements, D and f block elements, Co-ordination compounds, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Purification & characteristics of carbon compounds, Organic compounds with functional group containing halogens (X), Organic compounds with functional group containing oxygen, Organic compounds with functional group containing nitrogen, Polymers, Environmental chemistry and Biomolecules
AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam Result Announcement:
- You can check your result online on official website of AIIMS which may be uploaded in June 2018.
- Take print out of your result and keep it for admission procedure.
AIIMs 2018 Counselling
- AIIMS 2018 counselling will be started tentatively in the month of July 2018.
- After the declaration of result merit list will be prepared on the basis of Marks scored by the applicants in the entrance exam.
- For each and every category merit list will be prepared separately
- On the basis of your rank, you will be called or invited for counselling
- You have to report on the given date & time mentioned on the call letter with original documents.
- You are required to bring following documents:
- Marks Sheet of Sr. Secondary Class (12th Class)
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as a proof of date of Birth
- Rank letter issued by AIIMS
- Admit Card issued by AIIMS
- Certificate & Mark sheet of Secondary Class mentioning DOB/Certificate
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority. Subcaste should be clearly mentioned in the certificate.
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority. The OBC Certificate should be valid for Central Government Institutions/Jobs. (OBC applicants belonging to the Creamy Layer shall not be eligible for reserved seats).
- Orthopedic Physical Disability Certificate issued by a duly constituted and authorised Medical Boards. PH certificate issued by any other Authority / Hospital will NOT be entertained.
AIIMS 2018 Admission:
After entrance exam, result in declaration and counselling now it’s the time to join classes for AIIMS, New Delhi. The classes may start from July 2017. Applicants who are selected for admission to AIIMS have to bring following documents at the time of admission:
- Migration certificate from the board you last attended.
Your mark sheet from the board you have passed the 10+2. Aggregate passing marks is minimum 60%(50% for reserved category).
- Date of Birth certificate i.e your High School/Higher Secondary
- If you belong to the reserved category you have to submit documents like:
- SC/ST Certificate
- Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped Category certificate.
- OBC certificate
FEES and other payment for Indian Nationals:
Once you are declared medically fit then you have to clear your dues and payments in cash immediately. The format of the fee is given below:
|Academic and other Fee||Total Amount (INR)|
|Student Union Fee||63.00|
|Hostel and other Fee||Total Amount (INR)|
|Mess Security (Refundable)||500.00|
|Hostel Security (Refundable)||1000.00|
If you are foreign National then you have to pay:
Tuition fees of US $ 75,000/- which can be given in 3 equal instalments for pre-clinical phase, paraclinical phase and clinical phase of MBBS course.
Attendance to MBBS:
- Your attendance in MBBS course matters a lot and is compulsory.
- You are required to obtain 75% attendance in aggregate with 65% in each and every subject before you are permitted to the 1st, 2nd and Final Professional Examinations.
- Students who participated in various Inter-Medical College/Inter
Institutional festivals outside the AIIMS and those who participated in the PULSE programme may get some relaxation in attendance.
For further information about AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam, keep reading our scholarshipbag.com